We are currently taking applications for School Bus Drivers ONLY.
Morning and afternoon routes, Mon - Fri. Must have Class B CDL with school bus and passenger endorsement, pass a background check and drug test. Must have an energetic personality and be great with children.
· School Bus Driver is required, as a minimum to have the proper Class B CDL with a P and S endorsement.
Have a good driving record, including but not limited to:
· Not more than one conviction for a moving violation within the past 12 months and not more than three such convictions within the past five years.
Note: For certification purposes a Prayer for Judgment Continued (PJC) is considered a conviction;
· No conviction of Driving While Impaired (DWI) within the past five years and not more than one DWI conviction ever;
· No instances of driver license suspension or revocation for moving violations within the past five years;
· For recent state residents (of five years or less), a copy of your driving record from your former state of residence showing an acceptable driving history.
Note: Obtaining the driving record is the responsibility of the applicant; and
No convictions deemed disqualifying by federal commercial driver license (CDL) requirements;
· Satisfactorily complete behind-the-wheel training, including the three skills tests, in school buses, under the instruction of the Driver Education Specialist with DMV;
· Be at least 18 years of age with at least six months driving experience as a licensed operator of a motor vehicle;
· Have a school bus driver certificate and a valid CDL
1. Operate the school bus in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
· Operate the school bus in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
· Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
· Clean the bus as scheduled and/or required
· Ensure the bus is safely and securely stored
· Advise the Senior Administrative Officer of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
2. Maintain schedules and maintain order on the School Bus
· Pick up and deliver students as per a set schedule
· Take attendance on the school bus
· Ensure students are aware of rules and responsibilities as passengers
· Maintain order and discipline on the School bus
· Make note of any behavioral or disciplinary problems
3. Perform other related duties