CHARLOTTE CHOICE CHARTER - BUS REQUEST FORM
This portal is only for students who have enrolled at Charlotte Choice Charter School for the 2018-19 school year and wish to use the service on a regular basis. Charlotte Choice Charlotte partners with Eagle Bus Service to provide convenient cluster meeting points. We do not provide door-to-door service. Cluster meeting points are preferable because they minimize the time students spend on the bus and the pick-up and drop-off times are consistent each day. Such reliability is never guaranteed with door-to-door service. Students are to use the cluster stop chosen by their parents. Bus drivers are not to allow students to use any bus stop they please. Consistency by the students in the bus stops they use will help the driver to keep track of the students. Students may use one stop in the morning and a different stop in the afternoon, provided they are consistent and don’t change.
Please allow 3 days to process ALL requests. Requests are not processed the same day.
SIGNATURE: By submitting this form electronically, I verify the above guidelines have been read, fully understood, and agreed to.
Reasons using cell phones are NOT ALLOWED while on the school bus
1. Cell phone use--ringtones and loud conversations--can be a major distraction to a bus driver.
2. Cell phone use may interfere with bus radios or on-board computers.
3. Many cell phones now have the ability to take pictures and videos, which can inadvertently put the safety and privacy of our guarded students at risk if these pictures are made public via social networking outlets (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Blogs, etc.).
4. Cell phones can now also play downloaded music, which is prohibited on school buses unless the student is using headphones. Bus drivers need to concentrate when they are driving. Music being played aloud can interfere with the driver hearing sirens from police, ambulance and fire safety vehicles.
5. Consistency is key when it comes to cell phone rules. The school bus is viewed as an extension of the classroom--when on a bus students are asked to abide by all rules governing the classroom. Since cell phones are not allowed in the classroom, they are not allowed on the school bus.
6. If an accident does occur, premature phone calls or texts from students' cell phones to parents can create unnecessary havoc (i.e., parents rushing to the scene of a fender bender, parents vehicles blocking traffic, parents vehicles interfering with emergency and police vehicles on the scene or getting to the scene, etc.). Our bus drivers are trained every year to deal with on- and off-road accidents.